Did you know that you could make cookies out of cake mix? I had no idea! I was super excited when I came home to find a pile of tasty cookies, just in time for St. Patrick's Day. Honestly, this was the only thing that we did to mark the occasion!
These cookies turned out just soft enough and just a bit chewy. They ate like a cookie and tasted like cake... so tasty!
I'm really excited to get to do these for the other upcoming holidays... pastels for Easter, red, white and blue for July 4th, the possibilities are endless!
Here's what you need:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine cake mix, oil, water and egg in a mixer and blend until combined. The mixture will be thick.
Add 10 drops of green food coloring, and blend until you are happy with the color.
On a greased cookie sheet put 1 tablespoon balls onto pan about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool before you remove from pan.
- 1 - box of yellow or vanilla cake mix
- 1 - Egg
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil and water in a bowl and mix till combined.
- Add drops of food coloring until you get your desired color, about 10 will usually do.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place 1 tablespoon of dough on pan 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.