If you have the deep love for cheese sticks like I do, you're going to really really love these. If you're lazy, you're going to love these. They make up in minute and the cheesy burst with crunchy shell make them 100% awesome!
Here's what you need:
Start by rolling up all your cheese sticks:
When you get to this point, brush the edges of the remaining flap with some water then finish tightly rolling.
When your oil is ready, fry about 4 or 5 sticks at a time for about 1 - 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Be careful of cheese blowouts...they will do this when they become overcooked.
You could also bake these for a healthier option by spraying both sides of stick with a non stick spray or butter spray. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes then turn over and bake another 6-8 minutes.
Drain and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. We bought a jarred marinara.
- 12 pieces string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
- Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry sticks, a 4-5 at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce.