When I first bit in, I was transported back to the breakfast table at my parent's house. No offense to Lee, but my dad makes, hands down, the best banana pancakes in the world. They're totally amazing and the combination of dough and cooked bananas smothered in sugary sauce took me right back. Dad never added chocolate syrup to breakfast though, so these treats might edge them out. I'll have to demand a head to head cookoff one day.
For the chocolate sauce, we used Smucker's Plate Scapers which lets you have really nice pretty lines, good for pictures, but not good when you just want chocolate NOW!
Here's what you need:
Preheat oven to 375. Peel and cut bananas in half and in thirds, set aside.
In a large skillet on medium heat put your butter, brown sugar, rum and cinnamon.
Cook until sugar is dissolved and the sauce is bubbly.
Add your bananas and toss to coat.
Next lay out your crescent rolls and place two or three banana halves on one side of the dough. Place the other half of dough on top and seal edges and place on a cookie sheet and bake for 13 - 15 minutes.
I served these hot out of the oven. I had some extra bananas and sauce so put that on the bottom of the plate and then cut one pocket in half and placed it on top of the bananas and sauce then sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large bananas
- 1 tube Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- (optional) powdered sugar and melted milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut bananas in half length wise and then cut into thirds. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, rum and cinnamon. Stir for one minute until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce begins to bubble.
- Add bananas and stir to coat them in sauce. Let the bananas cook for 1 to 2 minutes until they begin to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide the crescent roll doll into four rectangles, with two crescents per triangle. Add 3-4 bananas with sauce to half of each dough rectangle.
- Fold the dough over the bananas to create a triangle and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes, until each pocket is golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes before topping with powdered sugar and a milk chocolate drizzle. Serve warm.