Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

So Pintrest has been an obsession of mine the past few weeks.  I found these ice cream cone cupcakes and just had to have them.   I even had dreams of them.  I thought they were the most ingenious thing ever.  But then I told my mom about them and she totally burst my bubble.  Apparently these were a  delicacy for a certain second grader growing up in 1987.  I had just forgotten.
Nevertheless, I was determined to have these again.
Each week, my staff takes turns bringing treats for staff meeting.  We like to stray from the ordinary every once in a while, bacon cookies were a hit a few weeks ago.  So this week, Lee made these cups of delicousness for us.   Everyone thought they were great, but alas another mother of children of the 80’s remembered them well too!  
Cones filled with cake instead of ice cream!

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
1 box of cake mix (we used funfetti)
2 eggs
1/3 cup of oil
Container of frosting (we used funfetti)
Ice cream cones

Cake goes all the way to the bottom!

  1. Mix cake mix, egg and oil. 
  2. Pour mixture into ice cream cones.  Fill them up to just below the top of the cone, place ice cream cones in muffin tin so they stay up. 
  3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.
  4. Frost and enjoy!
 
 
Are there any recipes from your childhood you're revisiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment